Another one of those damn memes

Monday, October 13, 2008

I found this half finished in my drafts from many months ago so I have no idea where I got it. Let it be a place holder until I finish my riveting post on how I decided to incur thousands of dollars more in student loan debt.


32 Random Questions

1) The phone rings. Who are you hoping it is?

Ed McMan calling to inform me that I've won millions of dollars. Which would be a miracle considering I never enter stuff like that.

2) When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?

Yes. One time upon leaving a store I found my side mirror hanging by its electrical wires due to being rammed by a shopping cart. Do you know how expensive it is to replace an electric mirror not including the repainting?!

3) In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?

It truly depends on the situation. How comfortable am I with these people? Is there alcohol involved? I'm always more of a talker when you introduce alcohol. And apparently more of a singer.

4) If abandoned in the wilderness, would you survive?

It depends. Are there grasshoppers?

5) Do you like to ride horses?

I haven't ridden a horse in years. The last one I was on one it dumped me on my head. I would love to ride one again, provided it was well behaved.

6) Did you ever go to camp as a kid?

Nope. I can't name a single friend who did either.

7) What was your favorite board game as a kid?

I loved, loved Clue.

8) If a sexy person was pursuing you but you knew he/she was taken, what would you do?

Tell them to fuck off. Cheating does nothing but bring heartache and devastation.

9) Would you date someone with different religious beliefs?

I think it depends on how different those beliefs are. Polar opposites? Probably not. Though if R suddenly decided to start worshiping a coat rack I'd probably see about having her committed.

10) Are you continuing your education?

That is the plan. If all goes well I will start grad school full-time in August 2009 to get my master's in Social Work. While in grad school I hope to get my post certificate in marriage and family counseling.

11) Do you know how to shoot a gun?

Yes. I wish I had more training but I know the basics.

12) If the house was on fire, what's the first thing you'd grab?

If R and the animals were out I would probably grab our purses, my grandmother's ring, our laptops, my picture album that contains all my baby pictures and R's scrapbook with all her baby pictures. Wow, I guess I need to keep a damn shopping cart by the door in case of fire.

13) How often do you read books?

I read just about everyday. I go through phases where I devour books. I do nothing but read in all my spare time. Other times I read only when we're outside with the dog or I'm bored with everything else.

14) Do you think more about the past, present or future?

Sadly, I think I spend more time worrying about the future than living in the present. Which is a slight improvement from when I used to live in the damn past all the time.

15) What is your favorite children's book?

Favorite children's book or book read as a child? There is a distinction there. My favorite book I read as a child was Gone With the Wind.

I didn't really read many children's books. A few stick out in my mind today; Where the Red Fern Grows, Say Goodnight Gracie and This Stranger, My Father.

16) How tall are you?

Depends on who is around when you ask. If I'm alone or none of the assholes are listening I'll say 5'0. If the assholes make a big deal about it I'll say 4'11 & 3/4".

17) Where is your ideal house located?

Somewhere with lots and lots of land. I don't want to be able to see my neighbors if at all possible. My ideal world would be 20 acres all wooded except for about 2 1/2 acres in the middle where we'll stick our house.

18) Last person you talked to?

A coworker.

19) When was the last time you were at Olive Garden?

Years ago. Seriously the last time I can really recall was back in 2005 when R and I met for lunch one day during the week.

20) What are the keys on your key chain for?

I have a key to my car, our house, my office, Kaye's home, and the filing cabinet. My key for the Pilot is on a separate key ring.

21) What did you do last night?

Helped R make cookies for her potluck, played WOW, played with the animals and read. Wild & crazy, huh?

22) Where is your current pain at the moment?

My ass. Always my ass.

23) Do you like mustard?

Sparingly.

24) Do you like your Mom or Dad?

I love my Mom. Don't know or care to know my Dad.

25) How long does it take you in the shower?

Ten minutes maybe? If I'm shaving it takes longer of course. Or if I fall asleep.

26) What movie do you want to see right now?

A really good scary one that will scare the shit out of me or at least make me jump a few times. Anyone know of any?

27) Do you put lotion on your dog or cats?

People do this?

28) What did you do for New Years?

Strangely enough I'm drawing a blank here. We probably spent a quiet evening at home as we're not the out and about on New Years type. Last time we did that we ended up with a drunk cab driver who nearly killed us a dozen times.

29) Do you think The Grudge was scary?

I fell asleep at the end. Enough said?

30) Do you own a camera phone?

Yes, but the picture quality leaves much to be desired as evidenced by some of the pictures I've posted here.

31) What is the last letter of your middle name?

H.

32) Who did you vote for on American Idol?

I've never voted on American Idol. And I stopped watching back when it looked like Taylor Hicks was going to win.

0 comments: