It could have been worse....

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

You know it's going to be a shitty day when your car dies two blocks from work. And while your car had enough momentum left to get into a nearby parking lot it kaput in the MIDDLE of the fucking parking lot.

So there I was, all 5'0 of me pushing my fucking car into a parking space. Let me say pushing it was much easier than I thought it would be, but running to jump in the car and put on the brake was much harder. The car rolls back at you a lot fucking faster than I ever realized. I came pretty close to getting hit in the face with my open driver's side door, but luckily I was able to jump in without being clothes lined by the door.

I guess I should be thankful I was wearing my lovely Doc Martins this morning rather than the high heeled boots I originally planned to wear. Nothing seems to tempt fate more than me running in high heels. It would have been an exact replay of that time we got drunk and played Chinese fire drill at a major intersection in my hometown. I of course fell while running around the front of the car. Did I mention I was in a dress too? Luckily there were no cops around to arrest me for public indecency when I flashed all those lovely people.

So yeah I guess it could have been worse. Or so I'll keep telling myself until I hear what the estimate is.

0 comments: