Oops

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Driving into work this morning one of the morning radio shows were talking about misheard lyrics.

One that made me laugh was "Broken" by Seether. The lyrics say, "I wanna hold you high and steal your pain." The listener swore they said, "I wanna hold you high and steal your Pam." As in the cooking spray. And upon playing the song it really kinda sounds like Pam instead of pain.

Another one was "Beast of Burden" by the Rolling Stones. Instead of "I'll never be your beast of burden," they heard, "I'll never let your pizza burn."

There were a bunch of great ones but those two really made me laugh.

Now on to one of my embarrassing misheard lyrics. In Filter's "Hey Man, Nice Shot," I hear "That's why I say hey man nice shirt. What a good shirt man." The real lyrics are of course, "That's why I say hey man nice shot. What a good shot man."

Yes, I'm a moron and I freely admit it. And yet, I still sing the lyrics wrong each time.

0 comments: