Sleep

Monday, December 03, 2007

Well, the weekend is over again. Too fucking soon if you ask me. But, then again I really hate Mondays.

I can never, ever sleep on Sunday nights. I usually resort to taking a Benadryl or two to knock me out, but some nights even this doesn't work & I spend the whole night tossing & turning. Alternated of course by glaring at R & the dog who are snoozing peacefully. This of course makes me mad. How dare they sleep while I lay here wide awake? R has woken up many times to me saying (not so quietly), "I really hate y'all," or "You two fucking suck." Aren't I a gem?

I used to have problems sleeping Sunday nights after I slept in all weekend. I don't really do that anymore. Which is absolutely shocking to my mother. When I stayed at her house for Thanksgiving I was up the next day at 6:00. In the morning. Without the aid of an alarm.

I am the person who used to sleep till noon at the earliest. Sometimes more like 4:00 p.m. When R & I first met I was still like this. Gradually (and with the help of having a normal 8-5 job) I began waking up before noon on weekends. Now, I don't like to sleep in past 9:00 a.m. I feel like I've wasted a good chunk of my day if I do.

What the fuck happened to me? I know I don't stay out partying until 7:00 a.m. anymore. Hell, we rarely stay out past midnight. We get together with friends for dinner & drinks & we're all yawning at 10:00.

While I no longer need 10-12 hours of sleep to feel human( read: detox after a night of partying), I do need at least 6 good hours. Preferably 8 to ensure my smiley, happy disposition (read: my not ripping someone's head off, only slightly pissy disposition).

Needless to say (if you can't already tell from the above ramble) I didn't sleep well & I'm barely functioning. If you need me I'll be the one with the coffee pot & the straw.

0 comments: